Internet Week New York – Preview and Introduction
I’m writing from the area that Internet Week New York has set up in their headquarters for press to work, getting photographed by the staff, so this is both the closest I’ll get to live-blogging and my 15 minutes of fame at the same time!
David-Michel Davies, the chairman of Internet Week, just gave some opening remarks where he described the week’s event as a “totally organic festival” and “crowd-sourcing at its best.”
They’re going to kick us out for a while after an HP press conference, but I wanted to briefly highlight the events I plan to hit during Internet Week, in case anyone wants me to keep an eye out for them (or to get some specific information.) Obviously, I’m double- or triple-booked at sometimes (especially for parties), so I’ll be running from event to event. Luckily I’m wearing comfortable shoes.
- 8:30am – 9:30am: Press Preview Breakfast (IWNY HQ)
- 11:00am – 1:00pm: Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Launch (IWNY HQ)
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm: Mobile Applications in the Modern World (IWNY HQ)
- 5:30pm – 7:30pm: Future of Location Based Marketing (AOL NYC)
- 6:00pm – 12:00am: Drinks4Startups (Gallery Bar)
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm: Mobile Mondays (230 Fifth)
- 9:00pm – 3:30pm: MMA Forum (Waldorf-Astoria Hotel)
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Unlocking the Power of the Bar Code (IWNY HQ)
- 5:00pm – 7:00pm: #140conf Cocktail Party (Hudson Terrace)
- 6:30pm – 8:30pm: mediabistro.com Internet Week Cocktail Party (Parlour – Midtown)
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm: After-Mash Cocktail & Networking Party (Definition 6)
- 8:00am – 6:30pm: DIGIDAY: TARGET (W Hotel)
- 11:00am – 3:00pm: MMA Forum (Waldorf-Astoria Hotel)
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm: VC and Angel Financing Bootcamp (NYU Stern)
- 7:00pm – 10:00pm: Digital Creatives Party (Wix)
- 8:00pm – 10:00pm: TechSet Party (The Social Bar)
- 10:00pm – 2:00am: Rackspace Revolution Party: NYC (230 Fifth)
- 9:00am – 11:00am: Blog Hard (CUNY Graduate School of Journalism)
- 2:30pm – 3:00pm: PSFK presents “The Future of Retail” Report (IWNY HQ)
- 6:00pm – 11:00pm: Obliterati Internet Week
- 8:00am – 11:00am: How Social Media is Driving Business Results (Standard Hotel)
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm: Guardian.co.uk Pimms & Pints Media Mixer (Ace Hotel)
- 7:00pm – 10:00pm: Foursquare Mayor’s Party (Thompson LES Pool Deck)
I’m sure that I’ll find new events to hit as they add them during the week. I’ll have to see just where this fancy press pass of mine will get me.
Don’t forget to let me know if we should meet up here this week. Follow me on Twitter or Foursquare to know where I am!